Talk to one of our experts. They can answer any questions you may have
regarding your risk and the available coverage. Call toll free 1-800-922-1678,
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Instructions to Submit an Application
- Check the mining conditions for the structure's zip code and municipality.
This will either display a map or show a message that indicates if the area
is considered to be undermined. If there is a map
available, it may take 10-30 seconds to load. At this point, you may apply for insurance or check another location.
- Log in or register to use the site. If you are using the online system for the first time, you must enroll into Mine Subsidence Insurance for Homeowners.
- For your convenience, some of the fields in the application will be prefilled with information that you provided when you registered. You are able to make changes to any field.
- Start the application by entering the type of ownership:
- Association: Requires the association name and the last four (4)
digits of the association's Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Company - SS#: Used for sole proprietorship; requires a company name and the last four (4) digits of the company's Social Security Number
- Corporation: Requires a company name and the last four (4)
digits of the corporation's Employer Identification
- Estate: Requires a first and last name, with the middle initial being optional. The last four (4) digits of the estate's Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also required.
- Individual: Requires a first and last name, with the middle initial
being optional. The last four (4) digits of the Social Security Number (SSN)
of the primary applicant is also
required. This person will be listed as the primary owner of the policy. This is needed for reference purposes only and does not impact the ownership of the policy. If possible, put the oldest applicant as the primary. The other name(s) on deed field can be used for multiple applicants by separating
them with commas.
Use both first and last names. If the oldest person's name is in this field,
list them first if there are multiple applicants. Only people named on the
deed may be listed as policyholders. The date of birth of the oldest
as this will automatically
generate a 10% senior citizen discount when applicable.
- Individual with Condominium: Requires a first and last name, with
the middle initial being optional. The last four (4) digits of the Social
Security Number (SSN) of the primary applicant is also required. The
association must be listed in the association name field. The date of birth
of the applicant is requested, as this will automatically generate a 10%
senior citizen discount
- Enter the structure (not mailing) address. Do not use punctuation
such as periods, commas, and hyphens. Abbreviate all street designators. For example, road as RD, street as ST,
avenue as AVE, etc. Address line 2 is to be used for rural route numbers (for example: RR 1). The zip code, county and municipality fields defaults to what you used in the zip code lookup.
- No matter what age the applicants are, if the structure to be insured
is the applicants' primary residence, check the box. A senior citizen discount
is available for the individual owner type if at least one owner is 65 or older
and the structure being insured is their primary residence. When applicable, the senior citizen discount will be automatically calculated for you and displayed on the application generated at the end.
- If the structure address and the mailing address is the same, click
the button and the contact information will be filled in for you.
- Carefully read and answer the structure questions. Use the remarks
field only if further explanation is required.
- Enter the coverage amount. Coverage amount cannot exceed $500,000 or
replacement cost, whichever is less.
- SUBMIT TO DEP - will put all the data entered into a PDF format review screen.
- If you choose to submit the application at a later date, the application is automatically saved for you. When you decide to submit the application, click on the Manage My MSI Applications link on the main menu. Find the application that you want to work on and click on the edit button to finish and submit the application.
- Carefully review the application. Use the "Edit Application" button to
modify the application. When the data is accurate, use the "Continue Processing"
button to proceed with the application process.
- The applicant must now review and agree to the terms of the Insuring
Agreement. Please note that choosing “I Do Not Agree” will cancel the
- Make note of PA Act 69 regarding electronic transactions on the
Accept Application Data screen. Choosing the “Accept Data” button begins the electronic
of your application data to DEP. Please note: all applications are subject to review.
- The Process Applications screen offers three choices. Choose “Process
print the application and complete the application process. Choose “New App
Same Location” if the applicant would like to purchase coverage for an additional
building at the same address. This starts the application process over, with
of the fields defaulted for you. Choose “New App Different Location” to create
a new application for a completely different address.
- Click on the view or download link. Use the print option on your web browser to print a copy of the application for your records.
- From the Manage My MSI Aplications screen, you can process application payments for all submitted applications or edit incomplete applications. Add or subtract items from your shopping cart as needed. Click the “Proceed to Checkout” button to continue.
- Enter your credit or credit/debit card information. Click on the "Charge Card" button. Once your card starts to be processed, do not press the browser back button or close your browser.
- Print a copy of the receipt for your records. The receipt is also emailed to you. The Application Submitted screen verifies that the application
has been submitted to DEP. Please note: all applications are subject to review and may require an inspection of your property. If the application is rejected for any reason, your money will be promptly refunded. Click on "Next" to continue. You are then able to
return to the main menu or exit the system.