2005 Radiation Protection in Recycling Industries Workshop
A Meeting of Representatives of Government, Industry and Experts Dealing with Recycling
Presented by the Pennsylvania Chapters of the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc., the Steel Recycling Institute and the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection's Bureau of Radiation Protection.
The 2005 workshop was a huge success. The workshop organizers thank all that worked to bring this event together and those that participated and attended the workshop. The results of the critique questionnaires were largely positive and upbeat. The summary of the answers and participant comments are below.
Workshop Attendee Feedback
- Thank you for the materials and information on how to screen incoming scrap for radiation sources.
- There was a good mix of presentations covering a broad range of related topics.
- The EPA compact disc is a real plus!
- Great workshop. When is the next one?
- Great job pulling this all together!
- This workshop should be used as a model for a national effort.
- Thanks for the posters.
- Overall great experience, good information.
- Excellent speakers! Very timely and interesting.
- Very informative and educational.
- Great Program!
- Great experience. Learned a lot and made some important contacts.
- Everyone was friendly and helpful.
- Nice staff and good food!
- Excellent meeting. Good mix of speakers and useful information for the industry.
- Wish more states would do the same.
- Need to include more operational and hands on instruction.
- Not enough of the CDís on hand for each participant.
- Would like to see more pictures of radioactive devices and materials.
- Registration confirmation needs improvement next time.
- A couple of the presenters could polish their public speaking skills.
- Consider including more industry related presentations, less scientific in nature.
As you can see, the overwhelming majority of attendees were very satisfied and left with practical tools to use in their daily business.
The following links include:
For more information about monitoring for radioactive materials in solid
waste please contact the Licensing Section via e-mail
or (717) 787-2480.