why is it a problem in schools?
- Mercury is a hazardous material that not only
has serious health and environmental consequences
but has a very large price tag to clean up
- For an example in PA Click
What are the basic handling procedures/precautions?
- Limit the opportunity for an accident. You can
do this by removing mercury from your school.
- Minimize the time period involved when handling
- Minimize the places something can go wrong; the
fewer places mercury is, the fewer places
it will spill.
- When storing mercury or mercury containing devices
keep mercury as far from the important and
expensive parts of a building as possible.
- What are the consequences if mercury would spill,
would shutting down the area for a day be
- Is there an opportunity that if mercury were
spilled it could be tracked throughout
the rest of the building and cause if
to be closed for clean-up?
In what areas can mercury be found?
What should I do if a mercury spill occurs?
on the pictures
on the right