MINING AND RECLAMATION ADVISORY BOARD
Regulation, Legislation and Technical Committee Meeting
Friday, March 17, 2000
Best Western University Inn
- Meeting called to order (10:00 AM) - Dave Osikowicz, Chairman
Overview and Follow Up Regarding February 24 Meeting With Sureties - Jeff Jarrett
- Introduce members and others in attendance
- Administrative Matters
Responses Submitted to House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee - Bob Dolence
Review of Comments Received from Stakeholders on Conventional FCB Proposal - Scott Roberts
Review of OSM's Study - Robert Biggi
Discussion of Implementation Strategies - Scott Roberts
- The differences between alternate and conventional bonding systems, including comparison of the eight systems currently operating.
- Explain ABS may or may not include a bond pool.
- Bonding for water treatment and long-term discharges.
- Solvency and management of ABS systems.
- NPDES concerns on active, forfeiture and post-forfeiture mines.
- The ability to use AML funding to address bond pool solvency.
- Conversion from ABS to conventional bonding systems.
Development of Suggestions for Funding Mechanisms to Assist Operators in Posting Larger Bond Amounts - George Ellis
Discussion of Implementation Strategy - Dave Osikowicz
Other Business as Appropriate - Dave Osikowicz
A working lunch is being provided.