MINING AND RECLAMATION ADVISORY BOARD
JULY 18, 1996
1. The CAC will be asked to postpone its field trip through a deep mine.
2. The Policy and General Issues Committee will hold a meeting to consider:
a. how DEP should handle underground mining and noncoal/industrial mineral issues.
b. possible changes to the bylaws.
c. the Board's involvement in the areas unsuitable for mining program.
3. The Regulation, Legislation and Technical Committee will hold a meeting to:
a. review the Comprehensive Plan for Mining Reclamation.
b. review the Department's recommendation on the Shade Township UFM petition.
c. review the revised draft of proposed regulations for Postmining Discharges and Licensing and Bonding.
4. In accordance with a resolution passed at the May 29 meeting, a letter will be sent to Secretary Seif recommending the use of excess coal ash in non-coal sites.
5. The Licensing and Bonding and Post-Mining Discharges packages and a report on the Shade Township UFM will be ready to submit to the Regulation, Legislation and Technical Committee during the last two weeks in September.
6. All members will receive notices of all Committee meetings. All members are welcome to attend any Committee
meeting whether or not they are a member of that Committee.